Figure of supplier of coast artillery carries a projectile of coast gun model “Ordóñez”.
The artilleryman wear the campaign uniform and carries projectiles in a wheel barrow modified. In the foot wear the popular leggings over the sandals very commune in this period.
This figure appears in a picture of D. José Cusachs I Cusachs painter and artillery captain and creator of a series of pictures over the magnificents coast batteries of San Juan de Puerto Rico (SEE THE PICTURE). The task of the artillery coast was the defend of harbours, naval bases and points of pass of navigation.
In this scene the mission of supplier was transport the ammunition from the powder magazine to the loader to charge the gun. The “Ordóñez” Gun model 1885 calibre 150/54 have a range of 8.000 meters, whit a weight for projectile of 42 kilos and a cadence of shot for one for minute.
Was the most used gun used to defend the spanish coast and of his ultramarine dominions.
- Presentation: in luxury quilted case
- Paint: artisanally painted by water resistent paints
- Total weight of: 1.986 grs
- Pedestal: brown, ultraviolet barnished, hihg bright
- Number of pieces: 15
- Pedestal sizes(mm): 190x90x30
- Pedestal write: "Artillero Proveedor 1889.Artillería de Costa.Cañon de hierro modelo "ORDOÑEZ"
- Total measure including a wood base: 23 cm