One of the most characteristic historical figures of FERPRAD is this of the great intellectual illustrated Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos with his costume of epoch how was painted by Goya.
Our sculpture is a personal homage of one of the descendant of Jovellanos, the actual Earl of Guemes, to his foregone.
How curiosity say what the sand in the floor of this figure is from the sand bank of San Lorenzo the just place where Goya painted this portrait of his friend Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos, one of the two what does of him.
Minister of justice Jovellanos is the model of the spanish intellectual illustrated of the XVIII century what fight for modernize the country
Was member of the Royal Academies of History, Arts of San Ferdinand and Language. For this relation with the arts know to Goya and begin a friendly relationship with the immortal artist.
- Presentation: in luxury quilted case
- Paint: artisanally painted by water resistent paints
- Total weight of: 1.460 grs
- Pedestal: brown, ultraviolet barnished, high bright
- Number of pieces: 10
- Pedestal sizes(mm): 120X70X30
- Pedestal write: "Jorge Juan y Santacilia 1713 - 1773"
- Total measure including a wood base: 23 cm