Figure what recreate to D. Pedro Calderón de la Barca. Master of classic´s of spanish literature, writer and soldier. We have specially careful with the details of the costume of a great gentlemen of Santiago´s Chivalry Order, XVII century, in the figure of this great literary, member of this order to this death. D. Pedro wear sword and dagger and hold a book in his left hand.
Is more what his write over this personage, soldier in his young and priest in his old ages, but we looking for this military pride what Calderón enlighten all his life. In 1625 enlist under the flags of Duke of Alba and fight in Flanders and Italy.
Also fight in Spain specially in the Fuenterrabia siege against the french (1638) with special distinction and in the Catalonian War or Reaper´s War (1640) provoked for an rising of peasants, many of then reapers, against the King Philip IV of Spain and his first minister the Earl Count of Olivares.The life of Calderón contrast the hardship and combative of his young and the wisdom and reflexive of his maturity, in 1642 is retire of the army for concentrate in his literary career.
- Presentation: in luxury quilted case
- Paint: artisanally painted by water resistent paints
- Total weight of: 1390 grs
- Pedestal: brown, ultraviolet barnished, high bright
- Pedestal write: "D.P. Calderón de la Barca 17-01-1600/25-05-1685"
- Pedestal sizes (mm): 60X60X42
- Total measure including a wood base: 23 cm